Okay, enough sappiness. I actually avoided commenting on a few new-to-me journals yesterday because I knew the first thing they would see if they clicked over was my love-letter-to-the-guy-who-makes-me-bacon and as true and lovely as it is, it’s not really my freshest face. Instead, how about a lazy list? Yay!
An undetermined number of things that you probably don’t know about me:
- All time favorite comfort food: Raw potatoes (peeled and sliced, with salt). Tom wrinkles his nose and says they taste like dirt, but.. um.. that’s kind of why I like them. Just thinking about them makes my mouth water (even though they are a contraband food, right up there with pie. See, pie=potatoes=yum.)
- Ella owes her existence to a lucky throw at a hockey game, which won Tom and I $500 and paid for a week at the coast. Where it rained.
- I worked at this summer camp the first few years of college, both because I had been telling people for almost 10 years that I was going to be a Speech-Language Pathologist when I grew up (and even chose my university for their program) but also because I needed the money to bum my way around the NW, living in a tent for the rest of the summer.
- I host a knitting club every other Sunday, though I rarely knit. Really I just like the girls, Ella likes their kids, I have the space (MIL’s shop) and occasionally I am inspired to pick up my needles (but not this week, I’ll be working on:)
- This quilt top I both started AND finished today!
I picked up the fabrics on a whim a while ago, and thought the colors would work for either a boy or a girl (what do you think?) I am still wishy washy about whether it will be the baby blanket, but I think it will be a baby blanket. I am also debating adding some small embroidery before I pin and quilt it, but if I am going to do that, I have to do it tomorrow since I want to have it ready to quilt on Sunday. That will make the quilt turn around time less than a week (if I give myself a few days to do binding.) Whooo me! (Also note Ella’s camouflage tactics. I see you kid, and this blanket is reserved, so don’t try to steal it yet.)
- Ella is still nursing.
I really thought she was done there for a while, only nursing once a day or so, but she is back with a vengeance, and I am (for the most part) okay with that. There are days where I do more distraction than others (What, you want ninny? Look over there, it’s Charlie Chaplin!*sneak out of room*) but I read up on tandem nursing when we found out that I was pregnant again, and I don’t see any reason to wean her right now. Obviously some people are squirked out by a 20month old nursing, but the truth is I’m not really interested in impressing those people. Live and let live and all that jazz.
- I am a pirate (who really wants to cut off all of her hair). Arrrrrr.